- More than 1,000 geeks who gather annually in southeast Michigan to celebrate
- science fiction and fantasy
- free and open source software
- and other geek interests
- A party in a hotel
- all weekend
- bursting with creativity and intelligence
- and free beer
- Packed with scheduled content
- crossing disciplines
- full of celebrities and experts
- opening the source of everything by teaching you HOWTO
- encouraging you, the attendees, to teach us what you know
- A half-dozen conventions combined. Mix and match a weekend that's just for you!
Penguicon is so expansive, it's like a whole solar system to explore.
|The twin suns of this binary system are two communities that share curiosity, creativity, and a welcoming volunteerism ethos. They are the free/open source software developers and users, and fans of science fiction and fantasy.
|The asteroid belt of this solar system is made of complimentary snacks, soft drinks, and beer, stretching as far as the eye can see, called the Consuite.
|The solar system has a gas giant of board/card/roleplaying games.
|A small hot rocky planet of comedy concerts.
|A verdant world of webcomics, podcasts, bloggers and other new web media.
|There is a whole Oort cloud of miscellaneous topics of learning and entertainment brought by our attendees.
|And finally the center of the universe, which is the hotel hot tub. Although this completes our tour on this webpage, your exploration of the Penguicon solar system is far from complete. You just have to see it for yourself!