See the parties:
If you are interested in throwing a room party at Penguicon this year, we would love to hear from you. We are very excited, because this year's move to a new hotel has made for some awesome changes.
Room parties will be on the 6th through 9th floors in the first seven rooms surrounding the elevators. When reservations are made for the party, please email us the reservation number along with some information on the party itself and your name. We will take the reservation numbers and make sure they are in the party block.
Additionally, we are bringing back the best room party competition. Last year's room parties were so fantastic that we want to reward those of you that put so much time, money, and energy into keeping our evenings entertaining. We have some pretty great prizes lined up, and prizes will be in a variety of categories, so start planning your shindig today!
As always, if you let us know about your party in time, it gives us a chance to ensure that you are listed on the website, in the souvenir book, and on the schedule. More importantly, it ensures that you will have a party free from being shut down early for noise, because you will be placed in a special block of rooms set aside just for noisy parties.
So if you're interested, or if you just want more information, please email our room party coordinator
Penguicon would like to see room parties. Lots and lots of room parties! HUGE room parties!! And we're going to help try to make your room party a success. For every group that registers their room party ahead of time with the convention, we can make the following things available:
- A spiffy mention of your room party in our Program Book, including a description of your group. (A great help for WorldCon bid parties!)
- Advance announcement of your room party on the Penguicon web site.
- A link to your group's web site (if you have one) published on the Penguicon website "Links" page.
- A mention of your room party on the hotel's information channel.
- Help with room placement in the hotel, to ensure you don't wind up in the "out of the way" location. (Unless, that is, you WANT that out of the way location.)
How could you possibly pass this up? Please e-mail all questions and any requests to register a room party to our room party coordinator.